International Federation of Digital Seismograph Networks

Thread: RE: Voting phase for the extended FDSN Source Identifier scheme proposal

None
Started: 2020-11-20 04:27:09
Last activity: 2020-11-20 04:27:09
Dear Javier,

Geoscience Australia supports this proposal.

Regards,
Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: fdsn-wg2-data-bounce<at>lists.fdsn.org <fdsn-wg2-data-bounce<at>lists.fdsn.org> On Behalf Of Javier Quinteros (via FDSN)
Sent: Wednesday, 18 November 2020 3:49 AM
To: FDSN Working Group II <fdsn-wg2-data<at>lists.fdsn.org>
Subject: [fdsn-wg2-data] Voting phase for the extended FDSN Source Identifier scheme proposal

Dear WG2 members,

Two weeks ago I sent a message with the result of the Evaluation of the IRIS proposal for a new "FDSN Source Identifier schema" [1]. The idea was to give the chance to receive the last comments before voting.

Today, we formally open the voting phase to decide on the adoption of this new Identifier schema.

I would like to ask representatives to vote as soon as they can.

Please, *register your vote by December 1st 2020*

Let me remind you that the Review Team has already sent a recommendation (see link below) and the decision was that

"The review committee recommends approval of the specification as revised."

https://nextcloud.gfz-potsdam.de/s/tpAEr7bHXRAJetH

This proposal went through an open discussion in the first semester of
2019 in order to clarify objectives and receive feedback from the members. After that, it was made available again for comments on May 2020. During both discussion phases the proposal was well received by the community and, despite that the discussion was kept open for some time, it was good to see that most of the opinions considered it a proper approach to deal with the limitations of the current naming scheme.

Voting rules (consistent with current FDSN Terms of Reference):
1 vote per FDSN member (i.e. each network or datacentre) Votes are
agreed with at least 2/3 majority. Quorum for any decision is 5 FDSN member votes.

Best,

[1] http://docs.fdsn.org/projects/source-identifiers/en/v1.0/

--
Javier Quinteros
FDSN WG2 Chair
-------------------------------------------
2.4/Seismologie
Tel.: +49 (0)331/288-1931
Fax: +49 (0)331/288-1277
Email: javier<at>gfz-potsdam.de

Helmholtz-Zentrum Potsdam
Deutsches GeoForschungsZentrum GFZ
Stiftung des öff. Rechts Land Brandenburg Telegrafenberg, 14473 Potsdam

Geoscience Australia Disclaimer: This e-mail (and files transmitted with it) is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, then you have received this e-mail by mistake and any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail and its file attachments is prohibited. The security of emails transmitted cannot be guaranteed; by forwarding or replying to this email, you acknowledge and accept these risks.