If you're receiving this message, you have been successfully migrated to the new FDSN WG III topic at fdsn-wg3-products<at>lists.fdsn.org. This email will provide a short introduction to the new system that all FDSN mailing lists are being migrated to..
For the most part, the new system works just like a traditional mailing list:
* The message center now runs in the FDSN domain and is FDSN branded
* You can post messages to this topic by sending email to fdsn-wg3-products<at>lists.fdsn.org.
* You can browse the message archive at http://fdsn.org/message-center/topic/fdsn-wg3-products/.
The main difference is that you now have a centralized login for all mailing lists, accessible at http://fdsn.org/account/.
If you want to remain subscribed to this list, you don't need to do anything. You need to log into the website only if you want to change your subscriptions.
Before logging into the website for the first time, you will need to sign up:
1. Go to http://fdsn.org/account/signup/ and enter your email address.
2. The system will validate your email address by emailing you a link. Clicking on the link confirms that you are the owner of the email address.
3. You will be directed to an introductory page with links to set a password or set up a connected account.
A "connected account" is an external account that you can use to log in to the FDSN web site instead of setting a password. This is more secure — the FDSN never sees your password or any other private information -- and eliminates the need for another password to memorize. We currently support logging in via Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, Yahoo, and OpenID.
Once you are logged in, you can manage your FDSN subscriptions at http://fdsn.org/message-center/. Note that more topics will be added to the Message Center over time.
Please contact us at webmaster<at>iris.washington.edu if you have any problems or concerns.
The FDSN mailing list developers ( at IRIS )
Chair of FDSN WG III on
Products, Tools and Services