Subject: FDSN update (GUMO)
From: cj brewster <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:03:26 -0500

To whom it may concern,

Following information is submitted for update to the GUMO FDSN information.

Notes:
1.  The KS36000 seismometer was replaced with a KS54000 seismometer in Jan
1993.

2.  The Martin Marietta ADC was replaced with a Quanterra Q-680 ADC in Nov
1997.

3.  The Guralp CMG-3T seismometer was install in Nov 1997.

****************************************************************************
****************************

GUMO - Guam, Mariana Islands (photo)

                                             Information for GUMO as of May
1998 
                                  Station: Guam, Mariana Islands 
                                  Director: Dr. A.W. Green
                                                                 Network
Affiliation:
                                                                 IRIS/USGS
- GSN
                                  Address:
                                  Guam Observatory
                                  U.S. Geological Survey
                                  Box 8001, MOU #3
                                  Agana, Guam 96910 
                                                                 Network
Contact:

Albuquerque Seismic
                                                                 Laboratory
                                                                 Building
10002 Kirtland AFB
                                                                 East

Albuquerque, NM 87115 
                                  Telephone: 671 355 5259
                                                                 Open
Station: Yes 
                                                                 Phone No.
671-637-4647 
                                  Fax: 671 637 8286
                                                                 Parent
Organization:
                                                                 U.S.
Geological Survey 
                                  Email: [email-masked]
                                  Coordinates:
                                  Latitude: 13.5878N
                                  Longitude: 144.8663E 
                                                                 Elevation
to Sensor: 14
                                                                 Depth to
Sensor: 100 
                                  Geology: Barrigada limestone believed to
be about 250 meters thick
                                  underlain by basalts and volcanic
congolmerates. 
                                  
                          Vault Conditions: Borehole. The strong motion system
for the
HL_ and LL_
                                  channels is located in the recording
building about 20 meters distant from
                                  the borehole. The sensors are on the
concrete floor inside the data
                                  processing cabinet.  The very short
period sensor is located on an old concrete
                          pier approximately 42.9 meters from the borehole. 
                                  
                                  Site Description: N/A
                                                Addresses from which to
obtain data. 

                                                    Station Instrumentation
                             1. Global Seismograph Network - GSN: IRIS-2
                             System [IU] 
                                                                        08
Jul 1991 to present 
                             2. Seismic Research Observatory - SRO: [ SR ] 
                                                                        22
Nov 1988 to 01 Jul 1991 
                             3. Seismic Research Observatory - SRO: [ SR ] 
                                                                        11
Apr 1985 to 21 Nov
                                                                        1988 
                             4. Seismic Research Observatory - SRO: [ SR ] 
                                                                        16
Jun 1975 to 11 Apr 1985 

****************************************************************************
********************************

GUMO - STATION INSTRUMENTATION

1. Global Seismograph Network - GSN: IRIS -2 System

DATES OF OPERATION:     ???? to Present.

SEISMOMETER TYPE AND ADC:
Teledyne/geotech Model KS-54000 borehole seismometer.  Guralp CMG-3T short
period 
seismometer for channels HHZ, HHN, HHE, SHZ, SHN, and SHE.  Kinemetrics
FBA-23 Low-Gain
sensor for HLZ, HLN, HLE, LLZ, LLN and LLE components.  ADC Quanterra
Q-680, 12 channel.

DIGITAL FORMAT:
24 bit integer data words for all broad-band (20 sps), long period (1 sps),
very long
period (0.1 sps), and ultra long period (0.01) channels.  Range: +8,388,607
to -8,388,608 
counts.  24-bit integer data words for very short period event triggered
data (80 sps) 
and continuous very short period (40 sps) data.

EVENT DETECTOR ALGORITHM: 
The Murdock event detector (Murdock, 1991) is used for the EL_ components. 

Click on any of the following items for further information.

     Channel Data 
     Amplitude Response to Ground Velocity 
     Seismic Noise Study graph information 
          Seismic Noise Level - Annual 
          Seismic Noise Level - Seasonal/Diurnal 

COMMENTS:
A detailed description of the IRIS-2 system can be found in Peterson et al
(1989).

****************************************************************************
*****************************

GUMO Channel Data 

These nominal values may significantly vary from the true sensitivity of
the particular instrument installed at the site. Please refer to the
appropriate dataless SEED volume for the current sensitivity or possible
changes in sensitivity over time. 

Channel Data:
Channel         Sampling Rate                                   Sensitivities
BCI             20.000 sps event triggered      419430 C/V @ 0.02 Hz
BHE             20.000 sps continuous           1.000 x 10^9 C/m/s @ 0.02 Hz
BHN             20.000 sps continuous           1.000 x 10^9 C/m/s @ 0.02 Hz
BHZ             20.000 sps continuous           1.000 x 10^9 C/m/s @ 0.02 Hz
HHE             80.000 sps event triggered      8.3886 x 10^9 C/m/s @5 Hz 
HHN             80.000 sps event triggered      8.3886 x 10^9 C/m/s @5 Hz 
HHZ             80.000 sps event triggered      8.3886 x 10^9 C/m/s @5 Hz 
HLE             80.000 sps event triggered      53687 C/m/s^2 @ 1 Hz
HLN             80.000 sps event triggered      53687 C/m/s^2 @ 1 Hz
HLZ             80.000 sps event triggered      53687 C/m/s^2 @ 1 Hz
LHE              1.000 sps continuous           4.000 x 10^9 C/m/s @ 0.02 Hz
LHN              1.000 sps continuous           4.000 x 10^9 C/m/s @ 0.02 Hz
LHZ              1.000 sps continuous                   4.000 x 10^9 C/m/s @
0.02 Hz
LLE              1.000 sps continuous           53687 C/m/s^2 @ 1 Hz
LLN              1.000 sps continuous           53687 C/m/s^2 @ 1 Hz
LLZ              1.000 sps continuous           53687 C/m/s^2 @ 1 Hz
SCI             40.000 sps event triggered      419430 C/V @ 0.02 Hz
SHE             40.000 sps continuous           8.3886 x 10^9 C/m/s @ 5  Hz
SHN             40.000 sps continuous           8.3886 x 10^9 C/m/s @ 5  Hz
SHZ             40.000 sps continuous           8.3886 x 10^9 C/m/s @ 5  Hz
UHE               .010 sps continuous                   4.510 x 10^9 C/m/s @
0.003 Hz 
UHN               .010 sps continuous                   4.510 x 10^9 C/m/s @
0.003 Hz
UHZ                        .010 sps continuous                  4.510 x 10^9
C/m/s @
0.003 Hz
VHE               .100 sps continuous          1        .600 x 10^10 C/m/s @
0.02 Hz
VHN               .100 sps continuous                   1.600 x 10^10 C/m/s @
0.02 Hz
VHZ               .100 sps continuous                   1.600 x 10^10 C/m/s @
0.02 Hz

For prompt response or technical assistance please send messages to:

 [email-masked]

 

Thank You

C.J. Brewster  

****************************************************************
Albuquerque Seismological Laboratory
U. S. Geological Survey         
Bldg 10002, Kirtland AFB-East               
Albuquerque, New Mexico  87115-5000         
 
Voice:  (505) 846-5646
Fax:    (505) 846-6973
Email:   [email-masked]
Web: http://aslwww.cr.usgs.gov   
****************************************************************